Order of Service / Pentecost 9 / July 26, 2026

# Gathering Hymn For the Beauty of the Earth (#226 VU)

Welcome & Land Acknowledgement

Lighting the Christ Candle

Call to Worship

One: The realm of God begins like a tiny seed and works like yeast hidden in the dough.

  All: We celebrate God’s presence, bringing life and transforming the world beyond what we can imagine.

One: We gather to notice the gifts of life growing around us.

  All: We open our hearts to recognize God’s grace.

One: Come, let us worship the One who is at work among us.

All: We come with attentive hearts, wonder, and hope.

Opening Prayer

*Opening Hymn Open My Eyes, That I May See (#371 VU)

Prayer of Confessional and Renewal (Unison)

Faithful God, you place signs of your realm all around us, yet we often overlook what seems small or ordinary. We become distracted by quick results, easy answers, and things that cannot give true life. Forgive us when fear, haste, or habit keeps us from noticing your presence and making life-giving choices. Renew us by your Spirit, so that we may listen with care, see with compassion, recognize what truly matters, and live with courage, patience, and wisdom. In silence, we bring to you our own confessions and our hope for a new beginning. (a time of silent confession) Amen.

Words of Assurance

One: God’s mercy is already at work, like yeast within the dough.

  All: Grace reaches hidden places and brings new life.

One: In Christ, we are forgiven, renewed, and invited to begin again.

All: We receive this gift with gratitude and hope.

One: The Holy Spirit opens our eyes to the signs of God’s realm.

All: We will walk with attentive hearts in the way of life. Thanks be to God. Amen.

Announcements and Minute for Mission

Time for God’s Children (I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy)

I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy

Down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart,

I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy

Down in my heart, down in my heart to stay.

And I’m so happy, so very happy;

I’ve got the love of Jesus in my heart.

And I’m so happy, so very happy,

I’ve got the love of Jesus in my heart.

Prayer for Illumination

Proclaiming the Scriptures

Romans 8:26-28 The Spirit intercedes for us when we cannot pray.

Psalm 105:1-11, 45b (VU p. 828 | P1) Make known what God has done.

Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52 Five parables: mustard seed, yeast, treasure, pearls, net.

This is the Good News from the Bible.

  Thanks be to God.

Anthem

Sermon

*Hymn Teach Me, God, to Wonder (#299 VU)

*Offering

*Offertory Hymn In Gratitude and Humbe Trust (#544 VU | tune: VU 518)

In gratitude and humble trust

We bring our best today

To serve your cause and share your love

With all along life’s way.

O God, who gave yourself to us

In Jesus Christ, your Son,

Teach us to give ourselves each day

Until life’s work is done

*Offertory Prayer (Unison)
Generous God, receive these gifts as signs of our trust in your realm. Open our eyes to the needs around us, and use what we offer to nurture hope, strengthen community, and bring compassion and justice into the world. May even the smallest gift become part of your life-giving and transforming work. Amen.

Prayers of the People and Lord’s Prayer

*Closing Hymn Lord, Speak to Me (#589 VU)

*Commissioning

One: Go into the world attentive to the small signs of God’s realm.

All: We will notice grace growing in unexpected places.

One: Go with wisdom, seeking the treasure that gives lasting life.

  All: We will choose compassion, justice, and truth.

One: Go in the love of God, the way of Christ, and the power of the Holy Spirit.

All: We go with attentive hearts, ready to nurture and share God’s gift of life.

*Commissioning Song I Am Sending You Light (#99 TLUS)

I am sending you light to heal you, to hold you.

I am sending you light to hold you in love. x2

No matter where you go, no matter where you’ve been;

You’ll never walk alone. I feel you deep within.

I am sending you light to heal you, to hold you.

I am sending you light to hold you in love. x2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message: Make the Way Straight / Luke 3:1-6

Message: One Thing at A Time / Luke 10:38-42

Message: An Empty Manger / Luke 2:1-19